BBC/ITV South West/Channel Islands News

I know I may come across as a CD stuck on pause, but with the imminent completion of the NWT set change, and no news of an accidental disposal of the 'travelling set' into a skip on departure from Norwich, it leaves Plymouth as the only remaining victim left in the English Regions. Confused

BBC Plymouth has a nice set. It's similar to Studio D in London, but is larger and has space to accommodate a desk, sofa area and multiple screens for presentation. It also does quite fab things with lighting and is rather good with a bit of AR at times.

It already has a fully HD studio/gallery and I think has had the wizzy VizRT kit since 2015. Putting in one of those IKEA sets will seriously degrade what Plymouth can do in pres terms on screen.

This evening, the presenter continued from the sofa after moving there to interview some people, but it just seemed like a natural move for the 'softer' second half of the programme on a Friday evening. It's also the same time that CI join the programme as their cupboard runs out of batteries after 15 minutes. Tongue

I don't object to sofas, but they have a time and a place.

[-] The following 5 users Like Stuart's post:
  • James, Kendal87, PatrZDZ, TJTSW, TVFan

At the beginning of each week, for the past few weeks I've turned on Spotlight expecting them to see them in the temporary set, and ended up somewhat relieved that it hasn't happened yet.

The current studio works so well for them, and I wish they'd just give it a Studio D / E style spruce up, rather than ripping it out completely, and replacing.
[-] The following 3 users Like James's post:
  • Stuart, TJTSW, Will