International Presentation

(17-04-2024, 01:34 PM)W. Knight Wrote:  Hong Kong's communications authority has approved TVB of merging J2 (Ch.82) and Finance, Sports & Information Channel (Ch.85) into 'TVB Plus', which will broadcast on the former's airspace. It boasts interactivity, promising instant interactions during shows, tie-ins to online shopping platforms, additional information, special offers and TV voting.

The latter, meanwhile, would be rented to China-owned Phoenix TV's Hong Kong Channel, akin to RTHK's arrangement with the CCTV channels. Racing and lottery programming on FSI are also moving back to Ch.82 following the change. The changes will commence next Monday (22/4).
TVB Plus is now on air. This is their full 20s ident, with rather nice animation ngl:
www.youtube.com 

The first programme junction, with a cube that based on QR Code methinks?
www.youtube.com 

And a breakbumper card that looks slightly different:
www.youtube.com 

The FSI Channel aired a farewell card reminding viewers the switch to Phoenix TV (the overseas version of the card didn't mention the latter). Didn't expect them to air this, given TVB's cheap antics:
www.youtube.com 

Pres wise, no changes specifically for the latter's FTA launch - they're still using their 2011 ident. Only their own DOG is present too, compared to usual treatment of the CCTV channels in HK.

Watch this space...
WestKnightTV - on DeviantArt

In June, ABC is changing its spin off channels once more, ABC TV Plus becomes ABC Family and ABC ME becomes ABC Entertains.

televisionau.com 

It seems that this is more than a simple rebrand, certainly with ABC ME. Reading between the lines it seems some of the kids content from ABC ME will be going onto iView.
[-] The following 3 users Like nwtv2003's post:
  • ACTV, benzj, insert_good_username_here

Seems like the ABC ME content is merging into ABC Family, rather than it moving exclusively onto iView. Smart move I'd say, and gives the second channel more of a purpose, feels a lot like a modern day Sky One from what I've gathered.

Like ABC's confusing and rather weird decisions over the past few years, can't wait for ABC Family to become Freefo- oh wait... :S

(09-05-2024, 09:12 AM)nwtv2003 Wrote:  In June, ABC is changing its spin off channels once more, ABC TV Plus becomes ABC Family and ABC ME becomes ABC Entertains.

televisionau.com 

It seems that this is more than a simple rebrand, certainly with ABC ME. Reading between the lines it seems some of the kids content from ABC ME will be going onto iView.
ABC Family……I remember that name, there was a channel in the United States used that name, and it had renamed to Freeform

That was largely to finally distance it from The Family Channel, with all the connections to The 700 Club, even though Freeform still have to air it, albeit without promotion and very much under protest. No such connotations with that name in Australia, so with the path clear they might as well use it.

Looks like the ABC went for the idea of "the target audience of kids and teens aren't watching on linear, so let's kind of ditch linear for the audience" thing. They are making digital streaming linear channels, but otherwise seems that way. Though it feels like rebranding ABC Me as ABC Family and using ABC Entertains name for the space shared with ABC Kids would have made more sense.

Yes, they're essentially airing ABC Kids during the day and ABC ME during the evening on ABC Family, with some ABC ME content in the morning on ABC Entertains too.

In Spain, Atresmedia's LaSexta has a new graphics package and updated the logo for its 18th birthday. The identity was done in-house, and featured the numeral in 6 other patterns. In their own words (www.atresmediapublicidad.com ):

Quote:Atresmedia's Image and Creativity team has developed a new graphic identity system that dresses the continuity of the channel on broadcast. The main element of this new animation system is the polymorphic logo, which offers up to 6 variations of the brand, to give the channel greater character and expressiveness.

This new element enters the game as a key piece of communication with the viewer: it plays with him, guides him, surprises him, welcomes him to a new world... It is the guiding thread of the new graphic universe of laSexta as it adopts multiple roles: from being the channel's logo, to acting as a navigation selector, becoming an interactive element and even offering its variety of forms to create transitions and animations in the graphic and product pieces.
This Tweet is a showreel of the new identity, largely focused on the promo styles:
twitter.com 

A celebratory ident/break bumper, with their slogan 18 Years... and we're still very green:
www.youtube.com 

And another one that utilizes the pattern. They also have one that says "We'll be back in 7 minutes":
www.youtube.com 

La7d, an Italian women's TV channel, has a new identity following a boost of American drama and factual series. This is one of the first ad breaks, featuring their rebrand and programme promos:
www.youtube.com 

Watch this space...
WestKnightTV - on DeviantArt