BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

I wouldn't call Anjana Gadgil inexperienced. She's presented South Today.

Meghan Owen was Charlie McArdle's cover on CI News. Azadeh Moshiri however I think is her first presenting gig after being a reporter.

Something that i noticed lately is that the bulletins from the news channel don`t have anymore thunderclaps between headlines (like it was the case before 2008). It is something new or it started with the changes of last year?

(10 hours ago)London Lite Wrote:  I wouldn't call Anjana Gadgil inexperienced. She's presented South Today.

Best Accidental Partridge I’ve seen here! 😂

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!
[-] The following 3 users Like Moz's post:
  • Brekkie, London Lite, Spencer

If anyone would like to beat Scott Bryan to the punch, get a recording of thr 10am headlines: Sarah Campbell had an unfortunate slip of the tongue during the headlines, declaring Stevie Wonder has become a citizen of Gaza.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bilky asko's post:
  • chrisherald

BBC News at 1 will begin broadcasting from Salford on Monday 3rd of June. The nation’s and region’s opt will be contained within the national bulletin. N&R will opt out around 1:35 as normal, but they will now opt back in around 1:45. The opt back will be a clean hand similar to Breakfast.
[-] The following 12 users Like ScottishTVGuy's post:
  • chrisherald, Chud, Keith, London Lite, lookoutwales, MFTJA, oscillon, PATV Scunthorpe, Reith85, Spencer, TJTSW, TVfan23

Any news on the host? Have they filled the permanent position(s) or in the short term will they just be sending up the existing presenters from London?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • TVfan23

The One moving really does beg the question was the refit of Studio B really necessary? From the 3rd of June it'll only house two 30 minute national bulletins and the evening and late BBC London News too. All of these programmes could easily be housed in other studios within NBH (as was the case pre-2022). Sunday with LK could also be moved elsewhere.

Its only other use case are elections and other special programming, both of which I do think benefit from the larger studio, however I think it would be far more useful with a less permanent set that could be changed out when needed. Due to the camera tracks in the current set, it's hardly any more flexible than Studio C/E, it's just a bigger and more modern version of them.

Normally I would have no problem with the BBC spending a large amount of money on refitting a studio, even if it wasn't used much. However, with BBC News being as cash strapped as they are, it seems very odd that so much was spent of Studio B where it seems like it could be far better used elsewhere.
[-] The following 2 users Like MFTJA's post:
  • chrisherald, UTVLifer

(1 hour ago)MFTJA Wrote:  The One moving really does beg the question was the refit of Studio B really necessary? From the 3rd of June it'll only house two 30 minute national bulletins and the evening and late BBC London News too. All of these programmes could easily be housed in other studios within NBH (as was the case pre-2022). Sunday with LK could also be moved elsewhere.

Its only other use case are elections and other special programming, both of which I do think benefit from the larger studio, however I think it would be far more useful with a less permanent set that could be changed out when needed. Due to the camera tracks in the current set, it's hardly any more flexible than Studio C/E, it's just a bigger and more modern version of them.

Normally I would have no problem with the BBC spending a large amount of money on refitting a studio, even if it wasn't used much. However, with BBC News being as cash strapped as they are, it seems very odd that so much was spent of Studio B where it seems like it could be far better used elsewhere.

Assuming C hasn’t been closed, which might be the case?

(2 hours ago)Brekkie Wrote:  Any news on the host? Have they filled the permanent position(s) or in the short term will they just be sending up the existing presenters from London?

I assume at some point there will be an announcement about all the bulletins now Huw Edwards has left and George Alagiah is sadly no longer with us.
[-] The following 1 user Likes chris's post:
  • chrisherald