Future of 'Radio' Stations in Streaming Era

(Today, 10:42 AM)James2001 Wrote:  There's still a fair few DAB radios on sale which can't do DAB+... which is pretty ridiculous really. I know most of the ones B&M sell don't!

They usually do, in my experience, they just don't advertise it anywhere on the box. Similar story with some cheap Akai ones I won in an arcade years ago; zero mention of supporting DAB+ anywhere on the box but the product itself finds and plays them no problem.

I could be wrong, but I guess all newly produced DAB decoding chipsets support DAB+ now.

[Image: signature.jpg]
chatps.com

Some of the DAB radios on sale in Argos actually have it written in the description they don't do DAB+

(58 minutes ago)James2001 Wrote:  Some of the DAB radios on sale in Argos actually have it written in the description they don't do DAB+
The person writing those descriptions may be clueless though and just writing that based on the assumption they don’t do it because they don’t have the correct certification.

Also I’d imagine a few years ago they had a lot of returns because people realised their favourite stations weren’t on their new DAB radio. Which probably prompted them writing that and I can’t see that would have been corrected if the situation had changed.

You might be correct though.