Disney+

Yeah, there's 33 movies in the MCU so far, with ten more announced. And 23 TV shows with a combined total of 43 seasons. If I counted them right on the Fandom wiki anyway. Plenty of content for a FAST channel. They could have a second one with all the cartoon content too.
marvelcinematicuniverse.fandom.com 

The cartoon content might make a decent FAST channel but the movies at least surely better suited to on demand, though I guess if they can set up a FAST channel at virtually no cost then to them it's a selling feature even if it isn't used that often.

Never understood the obsession with Marvel myself and it's clearly become a money making rather than movie making enterprise.

A small observation from watching the first 2 episodes of the latest series of Welcome to Wrexham for the first couple of minutes of the episodes there is a ‘Star Original’ DOG on screen on the bottom right. Not something I’ve seen on the previous series before now. Not sure how long Disney have been doing this.

I’ve noticed the same on the pre titles recap on X-Men ‘97. I wonder if they feel it’s pushing the brand more than the cap at the front of the show.

Weird - X-Men is Marvel, so it shouldn't count as STAR.

My apologies, it features a Disney+ Original graphic.

Disney+ is integrating select ESPN content (including many of their studio shows) by the end of 2024 for U.S. subscribers, in preparation for the launch of their DTC standalone service. The move mirrors the eventual integration of ESPN content into Disney+ Latin America on June 26.

x.com 

(07-05-2024, 01:44 PM)Medianext.MX Wrote:  Disney+ is integrating select ESPN content (including many of their studio shows) by the end of 2024 for U.S. subscribers, in preparation for the launch of their DTC standalone service. The move mirrors the eventual integration of ESPN content into Disney+ Latin America on June 26.

x.com 

I remember reading that ESPN commanded a healthy amount per subscriber per month from ‘basic cable’ type packages. Presumably this will go down significantly if they have a DTC option? Sign of the times that it’s worth it for Disney.

thewaltdisneycompany.com 

For now a US only bundle, but interesting to see more of this occurring.

(07-05-2024, 01:44 PM)Medianext.MX Wrote:  Disney+ is integrating select ESPN content (including many of their studio shows) by the end of 2024 for U.S. subscribers, in preparation for the launch of their DTC standalone service. The move mirrors the eventual integration of ESPN content into Disney+ Latin America on June 26.

x.com 

It’d be nice to see this offered over here - since the demise of ESPN Player, and the change of ESPN affiliation from BT to Sky, most ESPN studio shows are no longer available here with the exception of College Gameday, which Sky took during the latter weeks of last season (and they did the deal only three weeks before the end of the college football regular season). Maybe we might see that kind of content on Sky Sports+, but it’s clear Sky’s deal with ESPN is much narrower than BT’s previous one (which basically gave them access to everything except the major leagues), so maybe an opening for Disney+ to offer some kind of ESPN offering here?