Eurovision Song Contest 2024

(Yesterday, 06:26 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  666k watched in Ireland, up from 362k last year. Hopefully they can build on Bambie Thugs performance next year and make an impact once again.
It’s difficult to do something new and unique every year though and there is a risk of it coming off as a novelty act. Which in fairness it was to some extent. I’d imagine Bambie Thug would probably easily win any future selection show they take part in. Although whether they’d want to do it again, considering she’s supposedly been so unhappy or whether RTE would want to send them back to EBU is a different matter.

I kind of think Bambie Thug bottled it by not pulling out a Pro-Palestine/ceasefire stunt during the final, when they couldn’t really kick them out. Not that I have any knowledgable enough views either way on that particular conflict, but if it’s inline with their politics. They could have cleaned up the pro-Palestine vote the same way Isreal cleaned up the pro-Isreal vote.

(Yesterday, 06:26 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  666k watched in Ireland, up from 362k last year. Hopefully they can build on Bambie Thugs performance next year and make an impact once again.

So Ireland came 6th in the jury vote, 6th in the televote, and 6th overall, with 666k people watching. I'm not superstitious, but not bad for a witch.

That's only RTE figures, you could probably add another 200,000 who would be watching on BBC One as Graham Norton is preferred by many.