UKTV to become 'U'

I was about to post that UKTV Play's gone down on my Roku box... but it seems that none of the apps are working (some are booting but not loading any content, like UKTV, some aren't even booting up at all), so clearly a fault at Roku's end, not UKTV's

Even 'Dave by U', 'Yesterday by U' etc would've been better. Still crap and awful, but somewhat better.

Staggeringly awful rebrand. UKTV does feel like an incredibly amateurish operation sometimes.
[-] The following 13 users Like gottago's post:
  • AndrewP, Brekkie, dbl, ethanjbrady, GMc, Happy2001, Jeff, JJJJ, LargelyALurker, London Lite, SlimyTrain, thomash79, Tola

(07-05-2024, 08:43 PM)Blubatt Wrote:  Also, what is the streaming service going to be called. U? U&PLAY, UPLAY? 4PLAY?
Perhaps 'Why are U watching?' Dodgy
[-] The following 3 users Like Stuart's post:
  • AndrewP, chaose, ethanjbrady

(07-05-2024, 10:44 PM)gottago Wrote:  Even 'Dave by U', 'Yesterday by U' etc would've been better. Still crap and awful, but somewhat better.

Staggeringly awful rebrand. UKTV does feel like an incredibly amateurish operation sometimes.
Dave for U, etc would have been better.

(07-05-2024, 10:44 PM)gottago Wrote:  Staggeringly awful rebrand. UKTV does feel like an incredibly amateurish operation sometimes.

Plenty of reasons to think that these days... especially when they still haven't fixed the technical issues that began nearly 18 months ago!

Dreadful. Just dreadful. The new U branding is unacceptable! UKTV is a much cherished name than just U! I thought the X brand was bad! Give it a year & they'll revert back to normal!

Jgriffin
[-] The following 5 users Like Josh Griffin's post:
  • BBCChameleonFan, callumwatchestelly, DeMarkay, GeeTeeKay474, Stuart

On a slightly different note, what has happened to Eden? It doesn't seem to know what it wants to be anymore. Most days now just shows one programme (two if lucky) on a loop almost all day, most of which are better suited to Yesterday.

Is the channel slowly but surely being wound down?

(11-05-2024, 08:54 PM)bigsy90 Wrote:  On a slightly different note, what has happened to Eden? It doesn't seem to know what it wants to be anymore. Most days now just shows one programme (two if lucky) on a loop almost all day, most of which are better suited to Yesterday.

Is the channel slowly but surely being wound down?

I don't even think the channel even air promos for itself anymore. Home had this similar fate before being acquired by Discovery and rebranding into HGTV, I'd argue Eden has had a worse fate than Home as it was though however.