The TV Gameshow Thread

Was there ever a full version of this Blind Date theme song released? I know there's a full version from 1993 available.
Also, i noticed that the colours of this version of the set seemed to change a lot.

www.youtube.com 

Eggheads has been shelved for the foreseeable future.

www.thesun.co.uk 

First episode of the new series of PopMaster TV was watched by 404k viewers on More4. Meanwhile, on ITV1, The Fortune Hotel attracted 1.53m.
[-] The following 5 users Like tellyblues's post:
  • ACTV, DeMarkay, Happy2001, lookoutwales, thomash79

It's got to be a matter of time before they shift this to C4. They've got much more expensive shows like Double The Money only managing 100k more than that at 8pm.
[-] The following 1 user Likes gottago's post:
  • cando

Thought I'd give the much-trailed The Fortune Hotel a watch last night.

Comically similar to The Traitors in every way, even down to the way it's edited with hauntingly slow versions of pop songs creeping in at tense moments.

I don't think it will do well. Copy cat formats rarely do. Just didn't have the same hook as The Traitors either.

(9 hours ago)DavidWhitfield Wrote:  Thought I'd give the much-trailed The Fortune Hotel a watch last night.

Comically similar to The Traitors in every way, even down to the way it's edited with hauntingly slow versions of pop songs creeping in at tense moments.

It did make me think that the format may have started out as a studio based gameshow. The contestants could easily have been answering questions to determine the order in which they choose to swap the cases and ultimately find a winner of £2000 in a 45 minute slot.

I can well imagine ITV saying "I like it but we are only considering The Traitors clones at the moment" so they reformat it to be set outside, over a number of episode and with a jackpot of £250,000.

Saying that, I think it's a stronger format than The Traitors which for all its style and production values is just a guessing game. At least in The Fortune Hotel contestants make decisions based on choices other contestants have made so there is some strategy involved.

I also liked the task last night. It reminded me of The Mole. Could have done with seeing more of it though and less of the reality TV bits.

I will probably watch again.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nobby's post:
  • DeMarkay

From the bits I’ve seen, I thought it seemed like a mix of The Traitors, White Lotus and that BBC daytime Dan Walker used to presenter.

Can’t see it capturing the imagination.

Just nothing original about it - everything they did was done better elsewhere. It's main format point made incredibly boring TV as there was no incentive for 90% of contestants to swap their case and whoever had the "checkout" case basically controlled the game, and whoever received it from them had no way of bluffing their way out of it.

The ending was then so blatantly ripped off from The Traitors it was laughable.

(10 hours ago)gottago Wrote:  It's got to be a matter of time before they shift this to C4. They've got much more expensive shows like Double The Money only managing 100k more than that at 8pm.

How did the rerun on C4 do last year? If they can get 400k on More4 then the same again a couple of months later on C4 it's probably worth keeping it where it is.

I do wish they could just call it Popmaster though - "Popmaster TV" sounds unnecessarily awkward.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • DeMarkay